- In 2011, Lalitpur had population of 1,221,592 of which male and female were 641,011 and 580,581 respectively.
- In 2001 census, Lalitpur had a population of 977,734 of which males were 519,413 and remaining 458,321 were females.
- As per Census 2011 out of total population, 14.4% people lives in Urban areas while 85.6% lives in the Rural areas. The average literacy rate in urban areas is 81.2% while that in the rural areas is 60.4%. Also the Sex Ratio of Urban areas in Lalitpur district is 916 while that of Rural areas is 904.
- The population of Children of age 0-6 years in Lalitpur district is 212205 which is 17% of the total population. There are 110745 male children and 101460 female children between the age 0-6 years. Thus as per the Census 2011 the Child Sex Ratio of Lalitpur is 916 which is greater than Average Sex Ratio (906) of Lalitpur district.
- The total literacy rate of Lalitpur district is 63.52%. The male literacy rate is 62.02% and the female literacy rate is 41.96% in Lalitpur district.